The Your Phone feature available on Windows 10 allows users to link your Smartphone’s straight from your computer system easily and after that users can also be able to use the ‘Continue to PC’ option. The ‘Continue to PC’ option is the element of the Microsoft Edge mobile experience powered by the Microsoft, by using this feature user can able to send activities to your system which allowing you to take the benefits of a larger or bigger display and additional processing power.
However, this cross-device integration experience is quite a useful feature. For example, there can be various securities, safety or many other reasons implicated which force the users to decline the Your Phone option. In this situation, it must be a good idea to turn off the app in view so that no anyone is allowed to connect their Smartphone’s with your computer system. This feature will always work amazing with Android, but few features of this are not working with the iOS as some limitations imposed by the Apple.
Therefore, if you are not comfortable working with this feature, you can also have the option to disable it. In this guide, check out the steps to disable this ‘Your Phone’ feature successfully.
Steps to Disable ‘Your Phone’ linking Feature on Windows 10
In this article, you will learn a few best methods which prevent you from connecting their phones to your Windows 10 computers. Here how to disable it:
Method-1: Using the Group Policy Editor
If any users are running the Windows 10 Professional version, the simplest and easiest way is to disable the ability to connect Smartphone’s to a computer system is by simply using the Local Group Policy Editor option. Here how you can do it:
- Press the Windows + R keys together at the same time to launch the ‘Run’ search box.
- In the Run search box, type in ‘gpedit.msc’.
- After that, click on the ‘OK’ tab to start the Local Group Policy Editor.
- Look through the below-given path:
“Computer Configuration > Administrative Templates > System > Group Policy”
- Then, click twice on the ‘Your Phone Linking on this Device’ policy option located on the right side of the screen.
- Next, choose and click on the ‘Disabled’ option.
- Click on the ‘Apply’ tab followed by ‘OK’ button.
- Once completed, restart your computer system to save all the changes.
When you are done with all the steps, Windows 10 will not allow you to connect any Smartphone’s to choose the tasks on your computer system from the ‘Your Phone’ page which is located in the Settings page under the Phone option.
Method-2: Using Registry
On the other hand, if any user is running Windows 10 Home version, in this case, users don’t have access to the Local Group Policy Editor, but you can be able to change the Registry to disable the ‘Your Phone’ settings easily. The steps are discussed below:
- Tap the Windows + R keys all together to start the ‘Run’ search box.
- Under the Run search box, type ‘regedit’.
- Now, Press the ‘OK’ tab to launch the Registry keys.
- Search for the following command and click on it:
- After that, right-click on the Windows folder key and choose ‘New’ tab.
- Next, click on the ‘Key’ appear on your screen.
- Give a name to the key ‘System’ and click on the Enter tab.
- Then, right-click on the recently created key, again choose ‘New’ option.
- Lastly, press the ‘DWORD (32-bit) Value.
- Again, give a name of that key ‘Enable Mmx and hit Enter.
- Click-twice on the new key created ‘DWORD’ key and confirm that its value is set to the ‘0’ (Zero).
- Click on the ‘Apply’ button followed by ‘OK’ tab.
- Once done, restart your computer system to save all the changes.
Alexa Thomson is an accountancy expert who has worked with leading accountancy software companies. Owing to her expertise in finance, accountancy,gaming and technology, her blogs have been published in leading magazines and platforms. Her favorite accounting software writings come for Reckon Support.