You can reimage both the Windows PC and Mac, and you can also remove a damaged operating system by doing this procedure. You should take a backup of all the files and folders stored on the system before you start reimaging the system. Make sure that you transfer the files into an external hard disk. Here’s how to reimage your computer.
Steps to Reimage Your Windows PC
• Press on the Start menu. Tap on the Windows symbol located in the end left-hand side of the display.
• Go to the Settings tab. Press on the gear-shaped symbol given in the left-hand end column of the Start menu.
• Press on the Update and Security option. You will find this option near the end of the Settings menu.
• Tap on the Recovery option. You will get this on the left-hand column of the screen.
• Tap on the Get Started button. It is located under the “Reset this PC” option near the upper side of the webpage.
• Press on the Remove everything option. You will get this option at the upper side of the context menu screen.
• Press on the Remove files and clean the drive button. After clicking on that button, it will remove the system’s hard disk and after that, starts reinstalling Windows 10 on the system.
• You will get the pop-up menu on the screen which indicates that you are not able to go back to the older version of Windows. In case you wish to, then tap on the Next button before moving to the next step.
• Press on the Reset button. After clicking it, the system starts its resetting process automatically.
• Let the Windows to complete its resetting process. This procedure will take a few minutes to gets complete on Windows PC. Ensure that the system is plugged into the correct socket so that the system does not get shut down.
• Press on the Continue button. After the system completed its resetting process, then you will get this button at the upper side of the webpage.
• You have to choose the language, pair to the home network and do all the other setup procedure for completing the reinstalling process of Windows 10.
Steps to Reimage Your Mac
• Click on the Apple symbol. Press on the Apple symbol provided in the upper left-hand side of the display. You will get the pull-down menu on the window.
• Press on the Restart button. You will get this button near the end of the pull-down menu.
• Again, tap on the Restart” button. Now, the Mac start its resetting process.
• After that, you have to place the Mac into the recovery mode. Once you have clicked on the Restart button, then keep pressing on the Cmd and R keys together till you get the “Utilities” screen.
• Choose the Disk Utility button.
• Press on the Continue button.
• Choose Mac’s hard disk.
• Press on the Erase option.
• Tap on the “Format” pull-down menu.
• Press on the Mac OS Extended option.
• Tap on the Erase button.
• Choose Reinstall macOS and after that, press on the Continue button.
Alexa Thomson is an accountancy expert who has worked with leading accountancy software companies. Owing to her expertise in finance, accountancy, and technology, her blogs have been published in leading magazines and platforms. Her favorite accounting software writings come for Quicken Support.