Fed up with the error message – The game has encountered an issue and needs to close? This annoying message appears when a game fails to open. For a moment, it will start normally but then it will close or minimize suddenly. If you are also facing the same problems while starting your game, here are some fixes that you can use to resolve the game crashing issue.
Fixes that you should use:
1. Update your Game
2. Restart your system with a clean startup
3. Use a new user account
4. Check compatibility settings
5. Upgrade your video driver
6. Install the latest version of DirectX
7. Reinstall your game
Here are is how to perform these fixes on your PC.
Update your game
Updating is the one solution that can fix most of the problems. Therefore, before you use other fixes and make changes to your computer or settings, try to use your game after updating. If you’re already on the latest version or there is no update available, use the next solution.
Restart your system with a clean startup
When Windows starts normally, some programs such as antivirus and system utilities also start automatically in the background. These programs run in the background and obstruct many apps from running. Maybe the same will happens with your game. But, a clean startup prevents all these programs from starting. To perform a clean startup on your system:
1. Search for ‘msconfig’ with the start menu search bar.
2. Enter your administrator password, when prompted.
3. Select the startup options.
The procedure of starting a computer with a clean startup may differ with the operating system or version. If the game continues to crash, use the next solution.
Use a new user account
Try to play the game in a new user. For this, you need to create a new user account.
Steps to create a new user Accounts:
1. Click on the ‘Start’ button.
2. Click on ‘Settings.’
3. Click ‘Family & other people’ under Accounts at the left side of the screen.
4. When it opens, click ‘Add someone else to this PC.’
5. A new form will open where you’ll have to enter the details for the new user account.
6. Enter the details in the form. When you complete it, a new user account will add to your system.
7. For account type, you can select administrator type.
8. Now, reboot your PC.
9. Select your new account.
10. Enter the login password, if required.
11. Find your game and try launching it.
If the game starts without any issue, enjoy playing. Several games require the administrator access to run. If your game asking for it, add a new user with the same steps and this time makes sure to select administrator type account.
Check compatibility settings
To check and customize compatibility settings, follow the given steps.
1. Locate the game icon and right click on it.
2. Select ‘Properties’.
3. In the properties windows, open the ‘Compatibility’ tab.
4. Find the option ‘Run this program in compatibility mode for’ and check its box.
5. Then choose your Windows version.
6. Click ‘OK.’
Now, start the game and try to play. This solution will not work on the games that require advanced features. If it fails to fix your game, use the next solution.
Upgrade your video driver
You can upgrade your video drivers from the manufactures site of your video adapter. Find the latest video driver and install them to your PC. After installing the most recent drivers, try launching your game. If you didn’t get the drivers on the website, then contact your video adapter support.
Install the latest version of DirectX
1. Go to “gamesforwindows.com/en-us/aboutgfw/pages/directx10-a.aspx”.
2. Click on ‘Download the latest DirectX’ option and then click ‘Continue.’
3. Start downloading with the ‘Download’ button then follow the instructions to install.
Reinstall your game
Simply insert your game CD or USB drive and install the game as you install it earlier. Make sure to erase all the old files of the game. You can also uninstall the game from the Control Panel.
These fixes will surely fix your game and hope you can play it as usual.