Avast antivirus software is the first choice of everyone and it offers protection from malware and viruses. Several users are reporting that they are facing the Avast won’t open on their Windows PC. If you are one of them, then follow the instructions mentioned in this article.
· Repairing the Avast
1. Firstly, check that you are logged in to the admin account.
2. You cannot remove the software from any other account.
3. Click on Start.
4. Open Control Panel.
5. You need to search for it in the search bar.
6.Or else, click on the gear icon.
7. It shall open the Settings app if you are a Windows 10 user.
8. By going to the Control Panel, choose the View as:Category option.
9. It is located at the upper right-hand side of the screen.
10. Press on Uninstall a program given below the Programs column.
11. In case you have opened the Settings application, then press on the Apps option.
12. It will open the list of apps which you have installed.
13. Find Avast by going to the Control Panel menu.
14. Click on the Settings tab.
15. Press on the Uninstall or Repair option.
16. You will get many options like Update, Repair, Modify, and Uninstall.
17. Choose the Repair option.
18. Press on the Next option.
19. Now, this procedure will help you to fix this issue on your Windows PC.
20. After that, you will get the text for the verification of this procedure.
21. Press on the Finish option.
22. Start the system once again.
· Start Avast antivirus software again
1. Click on the Run option.
2. You can do this procedure by pressing the Windows and R keys together on the system keyboard.
3. Enter “services.msc” in a new box.
4. Press on the OK button.
5. The additional way to launch the Control Panel is by finding it in the Start menu.
6. Open the start menu, and click on Control Panel.
7. Once you have opened the Control Panel menu, start changing the View by option.
8. It is located at the upper right-hand corner of the Windows.
9. Go down till you will get the Administrative Tools option.
10. Press on the Administrative Tools option.
11. Click again on the same option.
12. Find the Services option.
13. It is located at the end of the screen.
14. Find the Avast Antivirus service given on the menu list.
15. You need to right-click on the Avast Antivirus service.
16. Choose the Properties option.
17. It is given in the prompt on the screen.
18. Check that the option below Startup type in the service properties drop-down is changed into the Automatic option.
19. Press on the Start menu.
If the Windows is not able to turn on the Avast Antivirus service on your Local Computer, then you need to follow the steps mentioned below:
· Click on the Sign In option.
· Press on the Browse option.
· Below the “Enter the object name to select” checkbox, you need to enter the name of the account.
· Press on the Check Names option.
· Let the procedure gets completed on the system.
· Press on the OK button.
· Enter the password by going to the Password section.
Alexa Thomson is an accountancy expert who has worked with leading accountancy software companies. Owing to her expertise in finance, accountancy, and technology, her blogs have been published in leading magazines and platforms. She mainly writes a blog on the basis of printer and her favorite printer writings come from brother printer support.