If Snapchat detects any prohibited activities from an account, it will lock that account. And, the person will no longer be able to open the blocked account as well as access anything into it. Snapchat does this for keeping Snapchat safe for everyone. There are a lot of reasons for blocking a Snapchat account, such as:
· Sending unsolicited messages and snaps
· Adding lots of friends without verifying your phone number or email address
· Accessing Snapchat and its services using any third-party app, settings or plug-in and more
Although, Snapchat doesn’t block the account permanently in the first attempt. It will mostly block them temporarily for 24 hours. If still Snapchat detects the same prohibited activities, then your account will be locked for more periods. A temporarily closed Snapchat account can be opened after its duration complete.
Step 1: Remove the third-party apps or plug-ins from your device
If Snapchat detects an account using unauthorized applications or plug-in to login and access Snapchat, it will block that account. In case you’re using such prohibited things, then you will need to delete all of them entirely from your device. Locate your Android or iOS Settings and uninstall the third-party applications, including the original Snapchat app. Now, download the new Snapchat app and try opening your locked account.
Step 2: Try unlocking your locked account using unlock page
If your Snapchat account is blocked temporarily, then you can try opening it through the Snapchat account unlock page. For this, you need to use a browser on a computer or smartphone. Here is how.
1. Visit “https://accounts.snapchat.com/accounts/unlock” with any browser and device.
2. You may need to log in to your Snapchat account to access the page.
3. Input your Snapchat username and password, and click ‘Login.’ Snapchat account unlock page will load with some guidelines and info.
4. Read the info and instructions and click the ‘UNLOCK’ button given below the info. If you didn’t see the button, then you may need to wait for more time. Revisit the site after some hours to see the button to unlock your locked Snapchat account.
Step 3: Verify phone number or email in your Snapchat account
After your account unlocks, go to your Snapchat profile and update your Mobile Number and Email to avoid being locked in future for this reason. This will also prevent your account from getting blocked for adding lots of friends. You can update Mobile Number and Email right from your Snapchat app. Here is how.
1. Start the ‘Snapchat’ app on your Android or iOS device.
2. Input your Snapchat account sign in details to access your account.
3. Now, touch on your ‘Profile’ icon at the top.
4. Then touch on ‘Gear’ icon at the upper right corner.
5. Select ‘Email’ to verify your email. Alternatively, select ‘Mobile Number’ to update your number.
6. Input your active email address.
7. And touch on ‘Save.’
8. Provide your Snapchat account password, when asked.
9. Touch on ‘Continue.’
10. Now check your provided email and view the verification email.
11. Touch on ‘Confirm email.’
Your email will be verified. Now, there is a less chance of your account to be locked account for these reasons.
Alexa Thomson is an printer expert who has worked with leading printer hardware and software companies. Owing to her expertise in IT, and technology, her blogs have been published in leading magazines and platforms. Her favorite printer writings come for printer support.