Got Amazon gift card code from someone and now want to use it on your purchase? Amazon has made everything effortless for its customers, from purchasing to returning. Because of its services and ease of use, Amazon gets a lot of popularity, and people prefer it more. Just like everything else, redeeming and using a gift is also simple on Amazon. You just have to go to the ‘Gift Card’ section under the account settings and enter your claim code. After that, you don’t have to do anything. Your gift cards will automatically apply to your next purchases.
You can redeem your Amazon gift cards from Amazon website as well as Amazon mobile app. Here is how.
On Amazon website:
1. Go to “www.amazon.com” with a mobile or computer browser.
2. Click on ‘Sign in’ option. If the button doesn’t appear or an account is already opened, then make sure that it is the same account through which you want to use your gift cards.
3. Input your Amazon account email/phone and password.
4. Hit ‘Sign in.’
5. Now, hover the mouse over ‘Your Account’ dropdown button at the top, and then select ‘Your Account.’ You can also click on ‘Your Account’ tab to open your account page.
6. Go to the ‘Gift Cards’ section and click on the blue ‘Redeem a Gift Card’ text.
7. Now, click the ‘Enter claim code’ box and input your Amazon gift card code. It is at the backside of the physical card under the protected film or in your email inbox.
8. After that, click on ‘Apply to your balance’ button to done redeeming.
On Amazon app:
1. Open your ‘Amazon’ app.
2. Now, open the ‘Hamburger’ menu by tapping its icon.
3. Select ‘Sign in’ option. If an account is already opened, then make sure that it is the same account through which you want to use your gift cards.
4. Input your Amazon account email/phone and password.
5. Hit ‘Sign in.’
6. Open the ‘Hamburger’ menu by tapping its icon at the upper-left corner.
7. Select ‘Gift Cards and Registry.’
8. Tap ‘Gift Cards’ at the top.
9. Now, go to ‘Redeem an Amazon Gift Card’ and input your Amazon gift card code.
10. Check the entered code and tap ‘Apply to your balance’ button.
Your Amazon gift card code will be redeemed successfully and added to your Amazon account. Once it is done, all the other things Amazon will do itself. Your Amazon gift card will be automatically applied to the eligible products and orders at the checkout.
Instead of adding to your balance, you can apply Amazon gift cards directly at the checkout by entering your gift card code into Gift Card field and clicking or tapping ‘Apply.’ You will also see the message for the applied gift card on the checkout screen. You can now make your purchase with your Amazon gift card.
Alexa Thomson is a printer expert who has worked with leading printer hardware and software companies. Owing to her expertise in IT, and technology, her blogs have been published in leading magazines and platforms. Her favorite printer writings come for canon printer support.