MS is majorly famous all over because of their services and products.
Many of the people using Windows 10 devices did complain many times that they have noted their system performance has deteriorated. And they have not been able to find any reason behind it. The Game DVR feature can bog down the gaming performance as it records video in the backdrop. In case recording the gameplay is not important to you, then you should consider disabling it to improve your device’s performance.
Source By : How To Disable Xbox DVR.
The method of turning off the Game Bar
Go through the given below steps for turning off the Game Bar.
- Firstly, press the Start option. Alternatively, tap the Windows button.
- Then, choose Settings. It is the second symbol on the bottom in the left-hand side, just on top of Power option.
- Next, tap on the Gaming menu. It shall be on the Windows Setting display.
- Next, you need to push the toggle located under ‘Record game clips, screenshots, and broadcasting’ for disabling this option.
The method disabling XBOX DVR
- Firstly, press the Start option. Alternatively, tap the Windows button for bringing-up the Start menu.
- Then, press on Settings option.
- After that, choose the Gaming part.
- Note that Game bar window shall get launched again.
- Then, press the Captures option
- Next, press the toggle located after the ‘Record in the background’ title for disabling it.
The method of turning off Xbox game monitoring
- Firstly, do a long press on Windows+R keys together.
- Next, note that it shall get you the Run window.
- Then, write in regedit.
- Next, give confirmation by Enter.
- After that, you need to do a double click in the given below folder located in the left-hand side.
- Then, launch the System folder.
- After that, do a double click on the CurrentControlSet.
- Next, you need to again do a double click on Services.
- Then, choose xbgm.
- After that, do one more time right-click on Start REG_DWORD.
- Next, choose Modify.
- Then, put the value 4.
- Lastly, you need to give confirmation for the changes made by pressing on OK.
Note that by following the above-mentioned steps, you shall be able to turn off the Xbox Game Monitoring. For enabling it, you need to go through the same step, but just put the value 3 rather than 4.
Congratulations! You have been able to disable Xbox DVR with the help of this blog.
Alexa Thomson is an employee at a top email service provider company in the day and a technical writer at night. She is passionate about writing troubleshooting tips, beginner’s guides, news, and other articles on varied topics. She has written majorly on hp printer support, Lexmark printer support and brother printer etc.