Losing the phone is not only frustrating but also costly as smartphones nowadays can cost a fortune. However, Apply provides the ways to locate the missing device with the help of Find My app. Find My is the application that has been installed already on the entire Macs operating macOS 10.15 Catalina. Users can launch it via Spotlight and then locate Find My app or can also launch it from the Apps folder. If you have also lost your phone or want to secure before time, then you may find this post helpful. Read the blog and work accordingly to locate the lost iPad, iPhone, or Mac using FindMy.
How to Use Find My to Find the Missing iPad, iPhone or Mac from MacOS
If you want to use FindMy to find the missing iPad, iPhone or Mac from MacOS, then you can follow the provided steps:
- Launch Find My app on Mac.
- Click on Devices on the left-hand side.
- Then the list of devices like iPad, iPhone, or Mac appears.
- Then the devices signed in with Apple IDs will appear who is the part of the family.
- Click on the tab diagonally underneath the window to modify the map view. You can select a map, Hybrid, or the Satellite.
- Press on devices to check their location.
- Tap on +/- option to zoom out or in then hit 3D option to modify maps view.
Interact with Lost Device Using Find My
Play music– This will play the sound on the device, which can help to locate the missing device that is stuck to the back of a sofa or something.
Directions – This will give the directions of the current location to the last location where the device was active.
Tick as lost – It will mark a device as lost, which will lock the device, and when the phone is found, then it will provide the contact information.
Erase the Device – This is a nuclear option, and it will entirely delete the lost device. It should be done when the data is too important that it should not be accessed.
How to Enable Find My Mac on Mac
If you want to enable Find My Mac on Mac, then abide by the given steps:
- Tap on the Apple logo in the menu section.
- Select “System Preferences.”
- Choose the Apple ID, then press the “iCloud.”
- Check the checkbox next to “Find My Mac.”
How to Allow Find My iPad or iPhone on the iPhone
In case you need to allow Find My iPad or iPhone on the iPhone, then you need to follow the offered steps:
- Go to the Settings app.
- Click the name at the top.
- Press “Find My.”
- Turn ON the “Share My Location.”
Other characteristics of the iPad or iPhone are to enable the Send last location, so if the battery of the device discharge, the previous location of the device still be discovered. Find My can help locate the missing device if the steps are followed before it is too late. You cannot enable the feature once the device is lost, so users must enable it before time.
If Find My is enabled on the device, then you can also locate the missing device using Siri, and the same option works with iPad or Mac.
Alexa Thomson is an inventive person who has been doing intensive research in particular topics and writing blogs and articles on turbotax support and many other accounting software-related topics. She is a very knowledgeable person with lots of experience.