A wide range of bandwidth monitoring tools displays that although YouTube is fulfilling the streaming pleasure, the usage of data consumption is very high. So it sometimes can be annoying when you want to stream videos or show with the mobile data, and your data pack ends. You can stream videos in low video quality so that it consumes less data, and you can watch your favorite show or movie completely. But is that really a solution? If you want to know more tips, then this post might be useful to you. Go through the blog and follow the given procedure to reduce YouTube data usage on PC.
Reduce the Data Usage of YouTube
Here are the tips through which you can reduce the data usage
- Disable the Autoplay
- Use the Bandwidth Saver for YouTube extension
- Lower the quality of the video
- Download the Videos Preemptively
Lower the Quality of Video
Watching videos in HD consumes up to 3 GB every hour. YouTube provides a large range of video quality. However, the higher is the video quality, the higher your data will be used on YouTube. So the important thing is to prevent watching videos in HD when you are using the mobile data.
If you want to lower the quality of the video, then abide by the given steps:
- Launch YouTube.
- Play the video.
- Scroll down to find the gear-shaped tab.
- Tap on it.
- Choose the quality option to change it.
- Then select the quality from the list to play in low quality.
Disable the Autoplay
If you wish to disable the Autoplay, then pursue the given instructions:
- It might be difficult to manage data usage by playing videos and ads. Although turning the Autoplay feature off is the best option.
- Click on the gear tab situated at the bottom right of the video.
- Make sure to untick the Autoplay option, and it does not then slide the option to disable it.
- You can also disable the function using the Up next menu of the YouTube video page, untick the option to turn it off.
Use Bandwidth Saver for YouTube extension
Use the Bandwidth Saver for the extension of YouTube for Google Chrome. It is an easy extension that will set the video quality of YouTube automatically to the lower accessible for every video to store bandwidth on low connections or users with little data capacity.
Download the Videos Preemptively
It is common that not every streaming apps allow you to download the videos, but certain apps can be used as a temporary fix. So instead, use the apps that let you download videos. This feature provides the users an excellent option to take advantage of Wi-Fi at school, at public hotspots, or at work to save the videos for watching it later.
Celine Williams is an inventive person who has been doing intensive research in particular topics and writing blogs and articles on brother printer support and many other printer-related topics. She is a very knowledgeable person with lots of experience.