In the time of technology, parents may have to face a lot of problems as well as ensure that the loved ones are completely safe by controlling the time of the screen. It is necessary to restrict and monitor what they can do and with the help of the screen time, you may control the family’s devices. Apple has added more tools on the Screen Time for parents in iOS 13. If you want to set up, then you are on the right post. Go through the blog and follow the instructions to customize the screen time.
How to Setup Screen Time for Child via Family Sharing
If you want to set up Screen time via Family sharing, then you can follow the provided steps:
- Go to Settings.
- Click on the Apple ID.
- Select Family Sharing.
- Choose the Screen Time option.
- Follow the procedure to make the Apple ID of your child.
How to Customize Screen Time Directly on Phone
If you want to customize the screen time directly on the device, then abide by the given instructions:
- Open Settings.
- Click on Screen Time. You will be able to check the insights that it made available.
- Select Continue.
- Click on the This is Child’s iPad/iPhone to customize it on the device. You have to set the Downtime.
- Press the Start option.
- Choose the start time.
- Hit Start again. Execute the same at the End time.
- Click on the Set Downtime to store the settings.
- Set the App Limits of the child. If you want you to spend only 30 minutes per day playing games, then click on Games to choose the category. Then move down to underneath to the Time Amount option, insert 30 minutes, and select Set the App Limit. You can change the limits for each application as you want or set the umbrella time for several apps together.
- Press Continue after evaluating the Privacy and Content controls.
- Make the Parent Passcode of four-digit via numerical keyboard. The child’s device will need the passcode to permit for more time or to modify the settings of Screen Time.
- Type the passcode again.
After the procedure, the settings of it on the child’s device will be in place. If users want to do changes, then you have to open Screen Time and insert the Parent Passcode.
How to Set the Communication Limits for the Child
Starting with the iPadOS 13 and iOS 13, you can make communication limits. The limits which you may set will be applied on FaceTime, Phone, iCloud Contacts, and Messages.
If you wish to set the Communication limits for the child, then pursue the given instructions:
- Go to the Settings app on the device.
- Click on Screen Time.
- Press the child’s name, below Family.
- Choose the Communication Limits option.
- Insert the password if needed.
- Hit the During Allowed Screen Time option.
- Then you have to choose the Allowed Communication, will be Everyone or Contacts Only.
- Click on Permit Introductions in Groups option that you want to permit people to add to the group discussion when anyone is the family member or contact.
- Select the Back option to the top left.
- Choose the During Downtime to control to whom the child can chat with during downtime.
- Then you can select the Allowed Communication as the Contacts Only or Everyone.
- Click on the Back option to the top left.
- Press the Manage Contacts option below Communications Limits screen, if you want to control the iCloud contacts slightly.
- Change the Allow Contact Editing option if you want to turn the contact editing Off/On for the child.
Alexa Thomson is an inventive person who has been doing intensive research in particular topics and writing blogs and articles on turbotax support and many other accounting software-related topics. She is a very knowledgeable person with lots of experience.