There are various issues faced by a number of users on Windows 10. If you are using “uTorrent” on Windows 10, and you are facing crashing issues on your system, then it is possible to get frustrated and annoyed by not responding to issues that prevent you from installing large files to download. In some instances, I/O functionalities, outdated software editions, link breakups, and bad internet speed might be the reason behind the crashing issues of uTorrent on your Windows 10.
“uTorrent” is widely used by numerous and millions of users worldwide across the globe. Sometimes, they face link corrupt or failure issues while working on Windows 10.
Here, we are going to provide various troubleshooting steps if you are facing crashing issues on your system:
Performing “Troubleshoot Compatibility” Tool
In case you are facing compatibility or crashing issues on “uTorrent,” then you can run “Compatibility Troubleshooter” on your Windows. To do so, follow these steps:
- First of all, close the particular “uTorrent” Window by hitting the close icon.
- Now, navigate to the desktop and then perform a right-click on the available icon of Torrent.
- After a while, you will view a list of options, then select “Troubleshoot Compatibility” option.
- Now, you will see the particular troubleshooting wizard that will begin verifying the issue.
- Then, hit the “Troubleshoot Program” option there.
- After that, go to the section for indicating problems and then mark the box related to the issue and then tap on “Next.”
- Follow the online indications that appear through the wizard. Then finish the troubleshooter option.
- When you complete all the above steps, then try to launch “Torrent” and check that the issue is still arising.
Setting Up “Default Torrent”
Set the “Torrent” as the Default Downloading program on Windows 10. Follow these steps if you wish to set your Torrent as Default program:
- First of all, launch “Windows Settings.” Alternatively, tap “Windows + I” keys altogether.
- Navigate to the primary Settings Interface and then select the “Applications” category option.
- After that, navigate to the “default” section of your application located at the left-hand side of your screen. Look for the option available for selecting the default type application and hit on it.
- Now, look for the particular file type “.torrent” and then nominated “uTorrent” as Default one.
Removing and Installing Torrent Afresh
Sometimes, the system files become a great obstacle for the task we are doing. In such an instance, when are facing Torrent unresponsive or keeps crashing, then it is advised to remove the existing Torrent and then Reinstall a genuine version of the same application on your device.
Follow these instructions if you wish to delete and then reinstall it:
- First of all, tap “Windows + S” keys simultaneously that will open “Cortana.”
- Now, enter “uTorrent” in the provided space and then apply the right mouse click on the particular “uTorrent” from the resulting list.
- Now, tap on the “Uninstall” tab and then abide by the onscreen instructions to complete your uninstall operation.
- After that, reboot your device to save the changes.
- Then, install the latest updated edition of “Torrent” by navigating the Official website.
Disabling Windows Cache Feature
Cache Files might restrict your newly listed Torrent from installing or downloading it. Then in this regard, it is recommended to disable “Windows Cache” on your system. To do this, follow these steps:
- First of all, go to the “Start Icon” and then apply right-click on it.
- Then tap the “Device Manager” by hitting the “Window + X menu” simultaneously.
- Now, tap the “Disk Drives.”
- Apply right click on a hard drive. Then tap on “Properties.”
- Go to the Policies option and then unmark the box related to enable cache.
- Now, hit the “Apply” tab followed by “OK.”