Microsoft Excel is a vast calculator that previews numerical data, graphs, and tables, etc. in a Spreadsheet application. It is easy-to-use in PC as well as on Android and iPhone as well.
The primary importance for the Excel user is to utilize the application formula (SUM function) completely. Sum function is the essential part of the Excel as it adds numbers up and uses Formula.
However, sometimes an error notification occurs instead of the value of the numerals. In this issue, the SUM formula may go to zero in the selected cell. Here are simple methods to fix the issue of an Excel spreadsheet not adding numerical correctly.
1) Check the Syntax of the SUM Function
Here are the steps on how to fix the issue of Excel spreadsheet doesn’t add up correctly via checking the syntax of the SUM function:-
- First, check the SUM that you have written in the formula bar with the correct syntax.
- The syntax for the SU function is written as =SUM (number 1, number 2).
- Number 1 and number 2 are the cell range.
- So the Sum function adds starting 10 cell columns as like (A1: A10).
- Remember that there is not any typos description because they can function as a cause in the cell display on your screen as #Name.
2) Delete Space From the SUM Function
The SUM function never adds the value to the sum when a Space is available in the sum you have entered.
- Choose the Formula cell and then tap on the left of the column entered value.
- Tap the Backspace button to delete the Space before (=) equal sign at the starting of the function.
- Remember to check there is no space available anywhere in the Formula.
3) Widen the Formula’s Column
If your sum appears as ######, that means the entered value does not fit the cell. Here you need to widen the cell column
Here are the steps on how to how to fix the issue of Excel spreadsheet doesn’t add up correctly via widening the Formula’s column:-
- Navigate your cursor to the left or right column of the SUM cell’s column in the reference column.
- Place your cursor on the double arrow in the snapshot column.
- Here press and hold the mouse button and pull the column left side to the right to change it.
4) Delete Text Formatting Cells
Remember one thing; The Excel SUM function never adds any value in the cell with text formatting, which only displays the number on the cell. So make sure all the cells are completed with the cell formulas that have the correct format.
Here are the steps on how to fix Remove text formatting from cells:-
- Select all the in the range.
- Right-tap on the choose Formula Cells to start the windows.
- Choose General in the “Category box appears on the screen.
- Tap on the OK button.
- After this command, you can see the cell number will still be in the text format.
- Here you need to double-tap on every cell in the SUM function section and then tap the Enter button to turn on its general number format.
- Repeat the steps you have done above for the formula cell that is in the text formatting that is a preview on the cell function instead of value.
5) Select Add and Paste a Special Value Option
Possibility, you can also add value in the cell with text formatting without the need to covert with the general tricks.
Here are the steps on how to how to fix the issue of Excel spreadsheet doesn’t add up correctly via Select Add and paste a special value option:-
- Right-tap on the blank cell and choose copy.
- Select all the text within the function cell range.
- Tap the Paste button.
- Choose Paste Special to start the window that appears on the screen.
- Choose the value and Add option hare.
- Tap on the OK button, and then the function will automatically add the number in the next cell.
Conclusion: – The article here is to provide the users with information regarding how to fix the Excel spreadsheet that doesn’t add up correctly. We hope that you will find this article useful and have accomplished your purpose through it. It is suggested to read and implement the above-shared steps carefully.
Celine Williams is an inventive person who has been doing intensive research in particular topics and writing blogs and articles on epson printer support and many other printer-related topics. She is a very knowledgeable person with lots of experience.