Windows 10 has always been a trustworthy OS for millions of users around the globe. The OS recently dropped a new update; however, there are still several underlying errors within the OS. wmprph.exe failure is among the most common ones. If you are suffering from the same, then the blog will help you fix it. So, here are the steps to fix this error on Windows 10.
Reasons Behind wmprph.exe Error
- When hardware in the system is malfunction or faulty.
- In case the wmprph.exe file is harmful, spyware, Trojan, or adware.
- In case the connected entries in the Windows registry are damaged.
- If a few programs removed wmprph.exe.
- When any software fails to download and install correctly.
- If there is a dispute among software, OS, and shared files.
End wmprph.exe from Task Manager
In case the user wishes to end wmprph.exe from the task manager, then they can pursue the mentioned instructions.
- Reach the blank area and right-click on it on the Taskbar.
- After that, choose the Task Manager within the list.
- After showing the tool, select the More details option, whether it’s not spread out already.
- Now, move to the Details section and find the wmpeph.exe within the appeared list.
- Finally, select it, and right-click on it then choose End task.
Reboot the System
A few times, wmprph.exe in Windows 10 is impermanent and is fixed by rebooting the system. So, when you are attempting other ways, once restart the system.
Scan the System for Viruses
In case the user wants to scan the system for viruses, then abide by the provided steps.
- Navigate to the Taskbar search on your system.
- After that, enter ‘windows security’ into it and press the Enter key.
- On the pursuing screen, select the Virus and threat protection from the right-hand side panel.
- You should select the ‘Scan Options’ situated beneath the Current threats field.
- Spotlight the radio tab of Full scan and select the Scan now option.
- Once you start the scanning process and when it’s done, reboot the system.
Perform SFC in Order to Replace the Corrupted PC Files
In case the user wishes to perform SFC in sort to replace the corrupted PC files, then they can pursue the mentioned instructions.
- You should launch the Command Prompt as admin.
- If you see the black color screen with the Administrative rights launch, then enter ‘sfc /scannow’ and hit the Enter key.
- Now, once you view confirmation 100 percent finish, restart the Windows 10 system.
Fix Infected Windows Registry
A damaged registry can be the main cause of wmprph.exe in the Windows 10 system. In sort to keep entries firm and free from error, usual maintenance of the registry is compulsory. However, only experts or advanced users should manually clean it. Nevertheless, all different users can take the guide of a Registry Cleaner to finish this task.
Uninstall Suspected Software
In case the user wants to uninstall suspected software, then abide by the provided steps.
- Navigate to the Windows Search on your system.
- After that, enter ‘appwiz.cpl’ and press the Enter key.
- Go to the running screen, browse for the doubtful software, select it, and right-click on them and choose the Uninstall option.
In case the user wishes to launch cleanmgr, then they can pursue the mentioned instructions.
- Hold the Win + Q keys altogether on the keyboard.
- After that, enter ‘cmd.exe’ into the search section.
- When you see the results, select ‘Run as administrator.’
- After prompting a UAC, select the Yes button to give consent.
- On the following screen, note down the ‘cleanmgr’ once the cursor blink and hit the Enter key.
- A prompt will show on the screen, so choose the preferred drive through the drop-down section, and select the OK button.
- Thereafter, a procedure bar will show. Wait for some time until all the calculating complete.
- On the pursuing wizard, select the ‘Clean up system files.’
- Select the (C: drive) and wait for a while.
- Now, tick all the boxes (most of the times Download folder is also contained in this list, tick and leave this since it can delete the important things.)
- You should click on the OK.
- Finally, you will notify a verification dialogue box which says ‘Are you sure you want to delete these files’ permanently; choose the Yes button.
Check for Updates
In case the user wants to check for updates, then abide by the provided steps.
- Press the Win + I keys altogether on the keyboard to launch the Windows Settings.
- You should click on the Up[date and Security option.
- Go to the new screen, select the Check for updates from the right-hand side panel.
Restore the System.
In case the user wishes to restore the system, then they can pursue the mentioned instructions.
- Hold the Win + S keys altogether on the keyboard.
- After that, enter the system, restore and press the Enter key.
- The System Properties wizard will launch.
- You should click on the System Restore option and pursue the steps to reach a suitable point of time.
Celine Williams is an inventive person who has been doing intensive research in particular topics and writing blogs and articles on brother printer support and many other printer-related topics. She is a very knowledgeable person with lots of experience.