There are time when you boot your PC, but the monitor shows a text saying “No Video Input.” Then the monitor screen goes totally black, and there is no icon appearing after that. So, if you are facing these kinds of issues on your system, then here are the instructions to fix the issue.
Reboot the System
Most of the time, this issue is temporary. In such case, you just need to reboot the system.If you still see the issue, then you will go for the next solution given below.
Check the Video Cord
If the users are attempting to check the video cord, then they should correctly employ the given instructions.
- You should long-press the Power key until the system switches off.
- After that, disconnect the video cord that attaches the monitor to the PC.
- Then look at the port connectors on the system and the monitor.
- In case any port connector on the device is damaged, then you will require to repair the device.
- You have to check to view whether the video cord is damaged. In case the video cord is fine, then connect the system again to the monitor. Otherwise, you have another video cord applicable, attempt attaching the two devices via the new cord.
- Now, attempt turning on the system to check the problem.
Detach the Peripherals
If you would like to detach the peripherals, then you can determine to pursue the directions given below.
- You should long-press the power key until the system switches off.
- Thereafter, detach all peripherals like scanner, printer or mouse, etc.
- Then switch on the system once again.
- In the case of monitor works properly, that means one of these peripherals is causing the issue. You can install every device again into the PC and check them one more time.
- You will locate the exact device that causes the issue.
- Once you find the device, change it.
Reset the BIOS Settings
If the users are attempting to reset the BIOS settings, then they should correctly employ the given instructions.
- Firstly, you have to long-press the power key until the PC switched off.
- You should detach the AC power cable and then launch the PC case.
- Then reach the motherboard and put the CMOS battery using the screwdriver or fingernail.
- Now, you have to wait for a few minutes and install the CMOS battery again on the motherboard.
- Finally, attach the AC power cable and switch on the system and check the issue.
Install the Graphics Card and RAM Again
If you would like to install the graphic card and RAM again, then you can determine to pursue the directions given below.
- Turn off the system by pressing the power key.
- After that, detach the AC power cable and launch the system case.
- Then you should take away the RAM from the motherboard.
- Thereafter, place the RAM again inside the slot.
- Now, attach the AC power cable and switch on the system.
- In case the issue still not fixed, then switch off the system again and look whether the graphic card is correctly placed or not.
Emily Watson is an inventive person who has been doing intensive research in particular topics and writing blogs and articles on webroot.com/safe and many other related topics. She is a very knowledgeable person with lots of experience.