There are many issues you can encounter on Windows 10 and oleaut32.dll is one of them. Basically, it’s a pointer issue with incompatible app or insufficient privileges installing. So, if you are also facing this on your Windows 10 system, then here are some fixes to solve ‘oleaut32.dll could not be opened’ issue.
Recreate the File
If the users are attempting to recreate the file, then they should correctly employ the given instructions.
- Go to the Windows Search on your system.
- After that, insert ‘oleaut32’ into it and hit the Enter button.
- Then select the ‘oleaut32’ from the search results and right-click on it.
- Afterward, select the ‘Open file location’ option.
- You should rename the file oleaut32 to oleaut32_OLD.dll.
- Now, attempt to install the app once again.
Obtain File’s Ownership of Driver
If you would like to obtain file’s ownership of a driver, then you can determine to pursue the directions given below.
- Once again, reach the Windows Search section on your system.
- Then input ‘oleaut32’ into it and select the OK button.
- Select the ‘oleaut32’ from the results, and right-clicking on it, then choose the ‘Open file location.’
- You should reach the file of installation, and right-clicking on it then choose the Properties option.
- Go to the Properties option and select the Security to swap to the section of Security.
- Then pick the button of Advanced at the lower side of the window.
- You have to reach the section of the Owner.
- Thereafter, select the Edit option, specify the username then choose the Apply button to store the changes.
- Now, select OK options to shut the screens.
If the users are attempting to troubleshoot compatibility, then they should correctly employ the given instructions.
- You should browse the ‘oleaut32’ by select the Windows Search.
- After that, users need to right-clicking on the subsequent file and choose ‘Open file location.’
- Go to the installation of shortcuts and right-click on it.
- Then select the Properties option.
- You have to choose the Compatibility section to swap to it.
- Thereafter click on the ‘run compatibility troubleshooter’ option.
- Once you initialize the procedure for a minute, then the PC will suggest settings to solve the issue.
- Now, reach the next window, select the ‘Test the program,’ and check whether the app still shows ‘oleaut32.dll could not be opened.’
Troubleshooting Compatibility Manually
If you would like to troubleshoot compatibility manually, then you can determine to pursue the directions given below.
- You should search for the ‘oleaut32’ using the Windows key.
- Then choose the file and right-click on it then pick the ‘Open file location.’
- Reach the file of an executable and click on the Properties option.
- Go to the Properties option and reach the section of Compatibility.
- In the section of Compatibility, mark the ‘Run this program in compatibility mode for’ box.
- In case this software properly run on an older version then choose the menu of drop-down beneath the ‘Run this program in compatibility mode for,’
- Then select the Apply button.
- If not, choose the Windows 8 and then pick the Apply button.
- Now, launch the software, if you still facing this error, then get back to the instruction 5 and choose another Windows version.
Emily Watson is an inventive person who has been doing intensive research in particular topics and writing blogs and articles on mcafee.com/activate and many other related topics. She is a very knowledgeable person with lots of experience.