Mac is one of the most useful and commonly used devices of Apple that comes with a lot of amazing features. It is a computer that is used by millions of people all over the world. And now, speaking of taking a screenshot and recording screen on your Mac, most of the users don’t know how to do that. Because capturing a screenshot and recording screen on your mobile devices is much easier and follows a different procedure as compared to doing it on the Mac computer. Are you also one of the Mac users? Have you ever tried to take a screenshot or record screen on your Mac but failed to do so? If yes, then now, no need to go anywhere. Here, you will get to know the ways to do so.
Mac computers come with some great tools that enable you to take the screenshots. And along with that, there are also some tools on your MacBook through which you can easily record screens. This way, Mac computers provide you with more flexible accessibility and great experience of computing. And now, if you want to know the ways to take screenshots and record screens on your Mac computer, then you need to go through the full article.
The Methods to Record Screen and Take Screenshot on Your Mac
With the tools provided on the Mac, it becomes much easier for everyone to take screenshots and record screens on your Mac. Now, there is no need to rely on other third-party apps to record Mac’s screen. You can record your Mac’s screen using the new screenshot toolbar. Here’s the way to do so:
The Steps to Take Screenshots on the Mac
Here are the steps to take screenshots on the Mac:
- To get started with capturing the screenshots, first, you will need to press Command+Shift+5 keys altogether. This will open the screenshot toolbar on your screen.
- Now, you will be provided with various options that include: “Capture Entire Screen”, “Capture Selected Window”, and “Captured Selected Portion”. Choose and click on any of these options as per your want. And when you click on any of these options, it will immediately capture a screenshot of your screen.
- If you want to capture any portion of the screen, then select your screen portion and click on the option of “Capture Screen Portion” from the screenshot toolbar.
- After you take a screenshot, you will see a small image of the picture (or thumbnail) placed in the lower right corner of your screen. Remember the thumbnail will appear for a few seconds.
- If you want to make any changes to your screenshot, click on the thumbnail and from there you can add texts, shapes, signatures, or colors to your screenshot. And if you don’t take any action, then your screenshot will automatically save on your system. And you are done. You have successfully captured a screenshot on your Mac.
The Steps to Record the Screen on Your Mac
Follow the steps given below to record your Mac’s screen:
- To record the screen on your Mac, press the keys Command + Shift + 5 altogether to open the screenshot toolbar on your screen.
- Now, click on any of the options including, “Record Entire Screen” or “Record Selected Portion”. If you click on the option of the “Record Entire Screen”, it will immediately record your full screen. And if you click on “Record Selected portion”, then it will record the selected portion of your screen.
- Next, click on the option of “Record” placed on the Screenshot and Recording Control Bar.
- If you want to stop the recording, then press the “Stop” button given in the menu bar.
- When you stop the recording, you will see a thumbnail on the bottom right corner of your screen. If you wish to make some changes to your video, you can do that by clicking on the thumbnail. And if not, then your video will automatically save on your system.
So, this was all about taking screenshots and recording screens on your Mac. Try these steps, and let us know your experience. And to get more updates and information like this, stay connected with us.
Emily Watson is an inventive person who has been doing intensive research in particular topics and writing blogs and articles on mcafee.com/activate and many other printer-related topics. She is a very knowledgeable person with lots of experience.