Whenever we delete any file or folder on our computer system, it goes straight to the Recycle Bin from where we can erase it permanently. But it can consume a lot of time and energy. Deleting unused items from the Recycle Bin can be a frustrating task. But, we need to empty the Recycle Bin to free up space on our computers. Although, the Recycle Bin is the perfect option in the case if you accidentally delete any file and want to get it back. But, deleting a bulk of items from your computer system can be annoying. Fortunately, most of the modern operating system comes with an inbuilt feature that enables you to auto-delete the files and folders from the Recycle Bin. And one of them is Windows 10.
If you are a user of Windows 10 and want to delete all files and folders from the Recycle Bin automatically on a scheduled time, then there is a way to do so. And in this article, we are going to tell you about the procedure to do that. So, to get the methods, you need to read the complete article.
The Method to Empty Recycle Bin Automatically on a Scheduled Time
Clearing the Recycle Bin automatically in Windows 10 is an easy task that anyone can accomplish. The procedure includes some simple steps that you need to follow to empty the Recycle Bin on a scheduled time. So, let’s get you to the process now. Here’s what you need to do:
The Steps to Delete all the Items in Recycle Bin Automatically on a Scheduled Time
- To start with the procedure, click on the “Start” button and search for “Task Scheduler.”
- And now, you will need to right-click on the Task Scheduler Library” and then go through the option of the “New Folder.”
- In the New Folder section, give a name to your folder. And after assigning a name, now, you need to right-click on your newly created folder and choose the option of “Create Task.”
- In the General tab, now, you have to provide a name for the task.
- And next, go to the Triggers tab and select the option of “New” to create an action for accomplishing the task.
- Now, on the “Edit Trigger” window, click on the drop-down menu given at the top and select the option of “On a Schedule.” From the drop-down menu, you can choose any option as per your preferences. The options included are At log on, At startup, On an event, and few more.
- Next up, click on the “Action” tab and then click on “New.”
- And now, under the Settings screen, on the Programs or Script menu, type cmd.exe.
- And now, on the “Add Arguments” section, enter the following code and click on “Ok.” The code is “/c echo Y | PowerShell.exe-NoProfile -Command Clear – RecycleBin.”
- After typing the code, click on the option of “Ok” to complete the procedure.
Once you are done following the steps, the Recycle Bin will empty automatically on the conditions that you have configured. So, this was the method to empty the Recycle Bin in Windows 10. Try these methods now to free up space on your computer. And if you want to read more articles like this, and want to have more information, please follow our website.
Emily Watson is an inventive person who has been doing intensive research in particular topics and writing blogs and articles on office.com/setup and many other printer-related topics. She is a very knowledgeable person with lots of experience.